EXPLORE BIRTH CONTROL OPTIONS AT SCC
As a student we recognize that you have goals and aspirations you want to achieve before planning for a child. SCC Student Health & Wellness Services (SHWS) has a team of nurses and doctors to help you decide which birth control method would work best for you.
What should I expect at SHWS?
- Visit SHWS at T-102 to make an appointment with the front desk or call (714) 628-4773
- Your visit will look like the following:
- Check-in with the front desk
- Fill out health history forms
- If eligible: fill out application for Family PACT
- Nurses and Doctors will take the time to review your health history and navigate which birth control method will work with you
What are my birth control options?
There are a variety of birth control methods to choose from so it is important to discuss with the nurses and doctors about your needs and your lifestyle. Options range from IUDs, implants, the shot, the ring, the pill, condoms, and more. SHWS will work with you to determine which method is the most effective for you. Here are resources to get you started:
Links to Resources
Bedsider Birth Control
Birth control network support for women
Power to Decide
Campaign for individuals to have the information and resources to have power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child
AFFORDABLE BIRTH CONTROL: FAMILY PACT
Is birth control affordable? If you qualify, it may be free. Family Planning, Access, Care, Treatment (PACT) is a California Department of Public Health Medi-Cal Program. SCC has been an approved Family PACT provider since November 2014. Services support income-qualified students receive health information, counseling, and family planning services reduce the likelihood of unintended pregnancy and maintain optimal reproductive health. Visit: Family PACT or Student Health for more information.
- Income qualified: Making less than $2023 per month
- California resident
- Paid the $19 SCC health fee
- Insurance requirements:
- No current insurance (OR)
- If you have insurance through your parents but you want services to remain confidential
CONFIDENTIAL Services Provided
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- STI Testing and Treatment
- Cancer Screening
For more information visit SHWS at T-102 or call (714) 628-4773 to schedule an appointment today.